I was surprised and pleased to be nominated for the Sunshine Award by Lauri Meyers over at Lauri’s Stories. She is so sweet to think of me and I’m so glad that Frog on a Blog has brought some sunshine into her life. Incidentally, Sunshine was the name of my most favorite stuffed toy growing up. He’s a dog in overalls with a matching denim cap and he has bright orange eyes. I still have him!
As I understand it, in order to earn the Sunshine Award, I have to share ten interesting things about myself and then nominate some other deserving bloggers. I’m happy to share, but I’ll let you be the judge as to how interesting my little blurbs are. So here goes-
- When I was a kid, I couldn’t say aquamarine, so I called the color aquadarium.
- Also when I was a kid, I waited until everyone left the dinner table and then I stuck my peas down the heating vent. My mother didn’t find out until years later. I still hate yucky peas!
- I’m probably the oldest female fan of the Japanese anime series Naruto. Believe it!
- I worked as a stable hand and groom on a horse farm when I was in my mid-twenties.
- My grandmother, Harriet Whipple, was an awesome poet and was published many times in Ideals Magazine. They still occasionally print her poems.
- I was on a bowling team for ten years. Please don’t ask me if I was any good.
- I have a fraternal twin sister named Linda. She somehow managed to grow four inches taller than me.
- I run outside when I see sun and rain at the same time. There could be a rainbow!
- When I’m irritated, my word of choice is “meep”. My husband got me a t-shirt with “meep” on the front.
- Again when I was a kid, I used to snoop for Christmas presents in my parent’s bedroom closet. I was a good kid though, really.
Whoa, that was a lot of information! Okay, now it’s my turn to nominate some bloggers. To those of you I’ve nominated, if this isn’t your thing (or if you’ve already been nominated), no worries, I still want to recognize your excellent blogs here on the Frog:
Robin Newman at Robin Newman Books
Vicky Lorencen at Frog on a Dime
Sarah Harroff at An Awfully Big Adventure
Christie Wright Wild at Write Wild
Fiona Campbell at Book Bake Blog