- TITLE: Pea Soup Disaster (A Gregory Green Adventure) (Volume 1)
- AUTHOR: Elaine Kaye
- ILLUSTRATOR: Daniel Aiers aka Danyelayers
- PUBLISHER: Createspace
- RELEASE DATE: February 1, 2018
- FORMAT: Paperback (I.S.B.N. 1981144471)
- SUMMARY: Gregory Green loves his mom’s pea soup, but when he eats it at school, all of his friends make fun of how it looks. He doesn’t think it looks like bugs, and it tastes good! Then at recess, his friends run from him, screaming, “He’s a monster!” Gregory doesn’t know why his friends are being mean until he sees his skin is green. The teasing gets worse until an unlikely friend comes to the rescue—his teddy bear, Sammy. Sammy usually only comes to life for Gregory and his family, but Sammy has an important lesson to teach Gregory and his classmates.
The Pea Soup Disaster tackles the subject of bullying in a lighthearted way and teaches that the color of one’s skin doesn’t matter. At the end of the story is a special feature called “Sammy’s Secret,” which reveals how Sammy got to Gregory’s school.
- AUTHOR’S SITE: elainekaye.blogspot.com